12.25.2009

IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME

Today was a great day. I started out spending time with my family at home in the morning, we opened presents and had our traditional cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Laura and myself then headed over to my Nana's place for a few hours. It was good catching up with my aunt Tracy who I don't get to see too often. We didn't get to stay as long as I would have like to because we needed to be in Fremont for dinner. Just as I walked in my cousin David started telling me about some beer he brewed. Of course I had a glass or three. Made me want to brew my own for sure.

Christmas Time

I was surprised to see that Megan and Andy made it back to Cali this Christmas. The last time I saw them was at their wedding over 3 years ago. The big shock was seeing Maddox for the first time. Their 2 1/2 year old son is such a joy to have around.

Maddox

Watching him play with toy trains and trucks for hours brought a smile to my face.

Don't Drink Mine

While enjoying a fine glass of Cabernot Sauvignon I thought about how the meaning of Christmas has changed for me since I was a kid. It is no longer about getting that toy you want, but more about being in the presence of loved ones. I'm thankful to have a such a great family and friends. I love you all and hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment