5.17.2010

THIS IS THE LIFE

I was up bright and early for the Thursday Morning Ride with Jeff, but it just so happened that Bike to Work Day was on the same day. We met up with a few SJFers at a little after 7 and headed out to some energizer stations. This year companies had to pay for just about everything they gave out so there was an abundance of coffee cake, fruit, and powerbars. I did manage to get some free swag on our 25 mile loop.








After a long day working both jobs, I met with JP and Andrew then headed over to 4th Street pizza for some pre-gaming. Kevin had set up a Thursday Night Social that consisted of a bunch of us singing the worst Lady Gaga cover you will ever hear. Good thing there is a video of it, so your eyes can burn at the same time as your ears. Great times at Bamboo 7.



Friday I was spoiled at work once again by Rhoda. I was too hungry to snap a picture of the great Thai food she brought me for lunch, but this amazing circular puff filled with chocolate stuff was dessert.
Thanks again :D



After I got off work, we attempted to watch The Hurt Locker, but Brass Monkeys made it too difficult to focus on the movie.



Saturday morning was the first annual Via Velo held by The Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition and the City of San José. San Fernando was closed off to traffic for what was sorta like a bike street fair. iMiNUSD, a few other bike shops, a few food joints, some charities, and other miscellaneous organizations had booths set up.

Some booths had great freebies, like finding out how fucked up your spine is.


Spin a wheel to win a bag when you really want a coupon for pizza.


Take a picture with real live Mormons on fixies.


Throw a bag of beans in a corn hole.


This guy came by our booth with a crazy set up. An electric bike that easily hits 40+ and a full on navigation mounted on his bars. I want one.


SJFD was also out there reppin for the Sharks.


Anna had a good idea for Sunday morning before the game, bottomless mimosas at Flames. This place was like a party with 80's music, great company, great food, and servers walking around with pitchers of mimosas making sure your glass is always full. Reggie, Ryan, JP, Rhoda, and myself had a few too much to drink on a Sunday before noon. I can't wait for everyone to come out next time.



We headed to Mark and Jeff's to catch the game, where we lost. I don't want to talk about it, but we will get um Tuesday I'm sure.

Work was a drag, but I came home to exactly what I was craving for dinner, spaghetti. My 1 hour nap turned into 5, so now I'm wide awake trying to remember anything else that happened over the past few days. I'm pretty sure I got the majority of it, but here are a few more random pictures.












Thanks for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment